Do not act like you don’t have an inner Rachel. bc. everybody do.
YES YES YES I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS
This is some “advice” released by the Spanish Interior Ministry to “avoid being raped”
It was released more than a month ago, but I just read it and it has left me completely livid. I’ve roughly translated it but I think you get the general idea.
- Do not hitchhike nor take strangers in your car.
- At night, avoid solitary bus stops. If the bus is not very crowded, try to take a seat near the driver.
- Do not walk by waste grounds nor lonely roads nor streets, more so at night, alone or with company.
- If you usually have to walk by solitary and dark zones, try to change your route. In other countries they use whistles to shoo the delinquent. Consider the possibility of acquiring one.
- Avoid staying at night on a vehicle pared on waste grounds, parks, outskirts, etc.
- Before parking your vehicle look around you, in case you perceive the presence of suspicious people. Do the same when you are about to use your car. Before entering, observe the inside. You could find some intruder hidden on the backseat.
- If you live alone, don’t put your first name on the mail box, just the initial. Observe with care the recommendations about this given on the chapter dedicated to homes. Close the curtains in the evening to avoid indiscreet eyes. Have the lights on one or more rooms turned on, so it looks like there are two or more people home.
- Avoid going on the elevator when this is occupied by a stranger, specially on apartment buildings. In any case, place yourself as closest to the alarm button as you can.
- In the face of an attempt of rape, try to escape and ask for help. If you can’t escape, start a conversation with the suspected raper trying to dissuade him and win some time to wait for a circumstance that could make favorable the arrival of help or allows you to escape. All of this, while you observe the physical attributes of the aggressor, as much as the circumstances allow you to.
So there you have it, another form of victim blaming by the government. Joy.
Please reblog if you wouldn’t act differently around a friend if they came out as bisexual, gay, lesbian, asexual, pansexual, polysexual, or admitted to being trans, agender, genderfluid, or bigender.
You Aren’t Boring I Just Suck At Conversations I’m Sorry: a novel by me
I’m Not Ignoring You I Just Don’t Know What To Say: a sequel by me
I Feel Like I have Nothing Interesting To Say So I Don’t Say Anything At All And I’m Really Sorry Don’t Stop Talking To Me: the trilogy.
‘You ran away from home?’
‘When I was about sixteen,’ said Sirius. ‘I’d had enough.’
‘Where did you go?’ said Harry, staring at him.
‘Your dad’s place,’ said Sirius. ‘Your grandparents were really good about it; they sort of adopted me as a second son.’
(and I know this set will probably be confusing to some people since a lot of people like Kristin Scott Thomas as Walburga but she’s always been Mrs. Potter to me)
*doesn’t check bank account*
*pretends everything is fine*
Chris Pratt // guardians of the galaxy press
Chris Pratt is single-handedly ruining my life.